The scoop on jobs, services for students, info for “insiders,“ necessary forms, important dates, and the biweekly Black and White newsletter are all available here for current MCA students. And for anything that you don’t see, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 901-272-5152.
You can purchase textbooks for classes from the MCA Online Bookstore here.
Call to Artists!
Flesh – Brode Gallery
The theme for the next exhibition in the Brode Gallery will be Flesh:
1. The soft substance consisting of muscle and fat that is found between the skin and bones of a human or of an animal
2. The flesh of an animal, regarded as food
3. The edible pulpy part of a fruit or vegetable
4. The skin or surface of the human body with reference to its appearance or sensory properties
5. (the flesh) The human body and its physical needs and desires, especially as contracted with the mind or the soul.
Your work may be as accurate or skewed away from the original concept—it all depends on the connection between your piece and its correlation to the theme.
All forms of media are accepted, not larger than 3 ft. wide by 4 ft. tall. Send .jpg images in sufficient resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as your name, title of the work, size and media. Feel free to email Leaugan at the email above for any questions or feedback.
Submission deadline: February 15, 12:00 p.m.
For future consideration, the themes for the upcoming shows are Reflection, Subconscious and Awake.