The scoop on jobs, services for students, info for “insiders,“ necessary forms, important dates, and the biweekly Black and White newsletter are all available here for current MCA students. And for anything that you don’t see, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 901-272-5152.
You can purchase textbooks for classes from the MCA Online Bookstore here.
65th Annual Holiday Bazaar – Nov. 21 & 22, 2014
Again this year, MCA will hold a contest to select a piece of student artwork to represent the Bazaar for 2014—the 65th Holiday Bazaar.
The image of the winning entry will represent the Bazaar everywhere—on posters, advertisements, the T-bar in front of the park, and, perhaps, on other merchandise or even in the media! The winning artwork will also be featured at the event, which brings more than a thousand visitors to campus each year. The winner not only gets to represent the Bazaar this year, but will also receive a $200 gift card!
The deadline isn’t until Sept. 10 but you know how crazy those first few weeks can be so here are the details:
• No theme! Use the milestone year and purpose to create your piece.
• Work must be submitted on or before Wednesday, Sept. 10, by 4 p.m. to Carrie Corbett in the Communications Office (Rust Hall across from the President’s office). Work will be accepted between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• You must be able to leave your work in the Communications office until judging is over (approximately a week). You must pick up your work when notified.
• You must complete a Submission Form, and the completed form must accompany your work.
• Work does not have to be 2D, but keep in mind that it will be photographed and portrayed in 2D form.
• By submitting your work—and in the event that you win the competition—you are agreeing to let MCA use your work in any medium and with edits in order to promote the Holiday Bazaar.
• The work will be judged by a local design firm and members of the administration. In the unlikely event that no pieces are chosen, MCA reserves the right not to award the prize.
Any questions? Contact email@example.com or 272-5111.