Attention all students! This is a great opportunity to showcase your work!
MCA’s trademark Holiday Bazaar is just around the corner, and we need your help getting ready for it! This year, we will hold a contest to select a piece of a student artwork to possibly represent the Bazaar for that year. The image of the winning entry will represent the Bazaar everywhere—on posters, on advertisements, on the T-bar in front of the park, and perhaps on other merchandise or even in the media! This is a great opportunity to compete to have your work showcased—the work will be featured at the event, which brings more than a thousand visitors to campus each year. The winner not only gets to represent the Bazaar this year, but also will receive a $200 gift card!
The deadline is soon…so here are the details:
- Work must represent this year’s theme—as literally or as figuratively as you’d like. This year’s theme is “My Favorite Things.”
- Work must be submitted on or before Friday, Sept. 14, by 4 p.m. to Cara Sievers (her office is in Rust Hall across from the President’s office). She will accept work between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- You must be able to leave your work in Cara’s office until judging is over (approximately a week). You must pick up your work when notified.
- You must fill out a submission form when dropping off your work.
- Work does not have to be 2D, but keep in mind that it will be photographed and portrayed in 2D form.
- By submitting your work—and in the event that you win the competition—you are agreeing to let MCA use your work in any medium and with minimal edits in order to promote the Holiday Bazaar.
- The work will be judged by a local design firm and members of the administration. In the event that no pieces are chosen, MCA reserves the right not to award the prize.
Contact Cara Sievers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!