Other Ways to Give

Your time: “It takes a village.”

Everyone has unique gifts to offer, and the gift of your time as a volunteer or as a mentor is highly valued by MCA. Please contact Kristen Rambo, Advancement and Alumni Coordinator, to discuss the ways in which you’d like to be involved.

Artist participation in exhibitions and sales

Artists who participate in MCA exhibitions and sales receive 70% of the sale proceeds. The remaining 30% goes directly to MCA’s annual scholarship fund. The gift of your participation provides scholarships to students who may otherwise not be able to pursue their dream of attending an art school. The gift of your participation cultivates students’ art, design and critical thinking skills. If you are an artist and would like to participate in the annual Holiday Bazaar, please submit your work for consideration here. If you are an alum, your work may be considered for exhibition and sale in the Alumni Gallery in Rust Hall, where MCA graduates’ work is exhibited and sold in rotation throughout the year. For information on submitting your work for consideration, contact Melissa Farris, Galleries, Exhibitions and Lectures Coordinator.

Sponsor a Horn Island Expedition for a Student

Each year, MCA students spend 10 days camping on Horn Island, a wildlife preserve in the Mississippi Gulf Sound to make artwork in a natural, yet physically and mentally challenging environment. The island is unspoiled, without development or amenities. The students are led by Professor Don DuMont and are accompanied by MCA alumni who wish to experience this unique opportunity to “disconnect” and be inspired creatively. This event has occurred for the last 31 years, and is unique among art schools nationally. Individual donors sponsor a student’s trip, and in return may choose one piece of that student’s artwork prior to the exhibition opening, which occurs in the main gallery of Rust Hall after the expedition. For more information about student sponsorship, please contact Don DuMont.

Gift-a-Tag & Support the Tennessee Arts Commission

Did you know there are specialty license plates for the arts? You can choose one of four art tag designs and support the Tennessee Arts Commission in the process. You can even give a specialty tag as a gift this year through a new website hosted by the State Department Treasury office. For additional information on art tags, visit tnartscommission.org. MCA is one of hundreds of arts organizations in the state of Tennessee that receives support each year from the Tennessee Arts Commission.

Stocks

Donating appreciated securities results in a charitable tax donation and the reduction or avoidance of capital gains taxes for the donor, and at the same time provides resources for MCA to continue in its mission. Please contact Kristen Rambo if you wish to make a gift of stocks.

Real Estate

Gifts of real estate can provide significant and favorable tax consequences for the donor. All gifts of real estate require MCA’s prior approval. Please contact Kristen Rambo if you wish to discuss the donation of residential, undeveloped or commercial real estate.

Service Donations

MCA is a large institution with a myriad of service needs. Through the generous donation of services, MCA operating funds can be otherwise directed to programs that enrich student experiences and affairs, and increase their academic achievement and success. Service donations can be honored in unique and various ways that publicize your business and its generous support of the college. Please contact Kristen Rambo if you wish to donate services to the college.

Memphis College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. Additional Information