Corporate partnerships are essential to the vitality of the college, and are structured for the mutual benefit of the corporation and MCA students.
Below are several ways in which your company can be involved.
Professional Practices (P2) Labs:
Creativity and innovation are the currencies of the 21st century. Our corporate partners understand that art and design, and creative problem-solving, lie at the heart of the innovation so critical to their business success.
MCA partners with corporations to develop classroom and curriculum-based projects to address the creative/innovative needs of the corporation. Projects are staffed with students from a single discipline, or students across many disciplines, who develop creative work product solutions to meet the corporation’s needs. Students are led by faculty, who themselves have worked with private sector clients. P2 Labs are just one example of MCA students at work in the community.
To learn more about how MCA can direct students’ talents for the benefit of your company, and at the same time provide an opportunity for your company to support the college, please contact Kristen Rambo, Advancement and Alumni Coordinator.
Current Professional Practices (P2) Labs include:
Loeb Properties – MCA students are working with Loeb Properties to create a public Art Walk for Overton Square (a guided tour of the public art installations throughout Overton Square). As part of this project, MCA students will make suggestions for future Loeb Properties art installations.
LeBonheur Hospital – This two-semester course has been created to allow students to learn about chronic diseases and patient needs, with the first semester dedicated to writing a story. In the following semester, students will create artwork as a reflection of the patient’s experience. In a separate grant funded project students will create a comic book for children about bicycle safety.
Corporate Event Sponsorships:
Corporate sponsorship of the college’s exhibitions and events, create meaningful marketing benefit packages tailored to individual corporate sponsor needs. Below are some of the events available for sponsorship:
Annual Holiday Bazaar
Entering its 67th year in November 2017, the Holiday Bazaar is a much-anticipated event drawing close to a thousand people over the 2 day period. Visitors flock to MCA in search of unique holiday gifts and one-of-a-kind artwork and crafts made by MCA students, faculty, alumni and artists across the regions. All proceeds from the sale benefit the MCA scholarship fund. The work for this event is juried to ensure the quality, skilled work for which MCA is known. MCA retains 30% of the sale proceeds, and participating artists receive 70%. For more information about Holiday Bazaar sponsorship opportunities and benefits, please contact Kristen Rambo.
Annual Horn Island Trip and Exhibition
Each year, MCA students spend 10 days camping on Horn Island, a wildlife preserve in the Mississippi Gulf Sound to make artwork in a natural, yet physically and mentally challenging environment. The island is unspoiled, without development or amenities. The students are led by professor Don DuMont and are accompanied by MCA alumni who wish to experience this unique opportunity to “disconnect” and be inspired creatively. The Horn Island expedition has occurred for the last 31 years, and is unique among art schools nationally. Each year following the trip, a widely anticipated and well-attended exhibition opening and sale of Horn Island artwork occurs in the main gallery of Rust Hall after the expedition. Students retain 70% of the sale proceeds, with the remaining 30% funding the Horn Island fund. Your corporation’s sponsorship provides meaningful marketing and publicity benefits, and helps to defray event costs, which in turn increases the Horn Island fund for the following year’s trip. For more information about sponsorship, please contact Kristen Rambo.
Other Exhibitions and Guest Artist Lectures
All MCA exhibitions and guest artist lectures are presented not only for the benefit of students, but the public-at-large, who attend free of charge. MCA serves as the region’s visual arts thought leader and is committed to hosting artists from across the globe. Corporate sponsorship of an event is recognized in all marketing and publicity, with other benefits structured to meet your company’s needs. For more information about corporate sponsorship opportunities and benefits, please contact Kristen Rambo.
MCA’s is a large institution with a myriad service needs. Through the generous donation of services, MCA operating funds can be otherwise directed to programs that enrich student experiences and affairs, and increase their academic achievement and success. Service donations can be honored in unique and various ways that publicize your business and its generous support of the college. Please contact Kristen Rambo.