Summer Art Camp 2018
- Only art camp in the region to receive ACA accreditation
- Extended summer hours!
Explore, discover, create and have fun in Memphis College of Art’s Summer Art Camp. Classes range from exploratory creative expression to rigorous investigation of design principles.
Why Summer Art Camp?
- Learn visual art skills
- Explore your creativity
- Discover new media
- Create your own works of art
- Join a community of artists
- Gain the confidence to express yourself
- Show your work in the Summer Showcase
- Make new friends
- Have fun!
Summer Art Camp provides…
- Experienced degree-holding teaching artists
- 1:8 adult/student ratio
- Flexible class schedules
- Lots of class choices
- A supportive creative community
- A variety of inspiring media
- Excellent college studios
- Supplies and equipment
- An artists’ showcase and reception in our Main Gallery
We offer flexible scheduling, with week-long sessions and full-day and half-day classes. Extended care is also available before and after camp hours for an additional fee.
- Week 1: June 4–8
- Week 2: June 11–15
- Week 3: June 18–22
- Week 4: June 25– 29
- Week 5: July 9–13
- Week 6: July 16–20
- Full day sessions: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Morning sessions: 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Afternoon sessions: 12:30–3:30 p.m.
- Extended care mornings: 8–9 a.m.
- Extended care afternoons: 3–5 p.m.
Our instructors are trained artists who love teaching and sharing the joy of art-making with others. Summer Art Camp instructors have earned at least a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and some hold higher degrees and/or teaching certificates. Most classes also have a dedicated teaching assistant, making the adult/child ratio no greater than 1 to 8. All Summer Art Camp administrators, instructors and staff are carefully screened and subjected to a nationwide background check.
- Full-day tuition: $325-345
- Half-day tuition: $175
- Summer Art Camp Junior: $110
Tuition includes supplies and equipment for most classes.
- Mornings: 8–9 a.m. $35/week
- Afternoons: 3–5 p.m. $65/week
Don’t miss our fabulous Summer Art Camp Showcase! We’ll select artwork from each camper to display in our Main Gallery. Families are invited to view the show at any time, but a reception in honor of our young artists will be held at the close of the exhibition. We hope you can attend.
Showcase On View:
July 21–29 Rust Hall, Main Gallery
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday, noon – 4 p.m.
Sunday, July 29, 2–4 p.m.
If you attend the closing reception, you may take your artist’s work with you as you leave. If you can’t make it to the reception, we will have Open Pick-Up Days on Monday and Tuesday, July 30-31, 8:30- a.m.–6:30 p.m. Please let us know if you need to arrange an alternate pick-up day. We have limited storage and lots of artwork, so we can only hold artwork through Friday, Aug. 3. Please pick up your masterpieces before we have to discard them.
We are happy to provide additional information or answer any questions you may have about Summer Art Camp. Please call (901) 272-5116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need our assistance.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
May 28: Memorial Day
May 30: Staff Training
July 4: Independence Day