66th Annual Holiday Bazaar Online Submissions
The Holiday Bazaar is back! All students (undergraduate and graduate), alumni, faculty (full-time and part-time), staff and friends of the college are encouraged to submit entries. Work in all media will be considered. The deadline to submit has been extended to Oct. 1.
Important Dates & Deadlines:
- Submission Deadline: October 1 (Early submissions will receive early notification)
- Artwork Delivery Deadline: November 8
- 66th Annual Holiday Bazaar Ticketed Opening Celebration: Friday, November 18 from 6–10 p.m.
- 66th Annual Holiday Bazaar Open to the Public: Saturday, November 19 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Pickup Deadline: Sunday, November 20–Wednesday November 30
Submission Requirements and Conditions:
- Media: Any medium is acceptable. Work made from commercially produced kits is excluded. Acceptance of any work incorporating commercial items will depend upon the imaginative application given to the work by the artist.
- Hanging, Packaging and Display Requirements: All wall hanging work must be ready to hang with eye-hooks, wire, etc. No pieces with wet paint or glue will be accepted. All matted pieces must have strong wire or string securely attached by gummed hangers for ease of installation. Pieces normally requiring L-Hooks (photos, etc.) should use tension clips for hanging if under glass. The college will not be responsible for broken glass, damaged, or lost pieces. Artists will be required to carefully consider the packaging and display of all 3-D work, accessories, and products. Artist will be required to supply their own packaging and equipment or fixtures needed to display their work. Payment, labeling and pricing instructions will be provided along with acceptance notifications on August 15th.
- Conditions: The Galleries, Exhibits and Lectures Committee reserves the right to withhold or withdraw work at any time because of quality or non-compliance with hanging instructions. Artists whose work is withdrawn from the Holiday Bazaar will be notified as to when and where they can pick up their artwork prior to the event.
Student participants will be required to sign up for a total of 3 hours of volunteer service associated with the event between Nov. 8–20. All participants are strongly encouraged to attend.
Commission and Payment: A 30% commission will be taken out of your final payment for any work that sells at the Bazaar. All commission proceeds, minus expenses, will be designated to the college’s scholarship fund. Payment for work sold during the Bazaar can be picked up from the business office beginning Tuesday, November 22 after 2:00 p.m. Unsold work must be picked up by Wednesday, November 30—any work not picked up by this date will belong to MCA to use however it wishes, including selling it for 100% of the proceeds at the next Bazaar.