Support Services

Memphis College of Art’s Office of Student Affairs is available to assist students with any problems or concerns that may arise in their college experience. Student Affairs staff are located in Gibson Hall at the corner of Poplar Avenue and Tucker Street.

Student Life

Activities are planned and hosted by the Director of Student Life and the MCA Student Alliance. All activities are listed on the Student Life Calendar and in the MCA Student Handbook/Planner. Join us for evenings out bowling, Saturday trips to Home Depot or Target, midnight coffee in the café, a day out canoeing, a fall afternoon at the corn maze, or any number of openings or parties here at the college.

Counseling Referrals

Students needing any kind of personal counseling or psychiatric referral can see the Director of Student Life or the Vice President for Student Affairs. We can refer you to counseling centers close to MCA that charge on a sliding scale based on income. This is especially helpful to students without insurance.

Emergency Funds

If you run out of money before work study checks are issued or need to buy your books and supplies before refunds are ready, just come by Student Affairs for a loan. Depending on the amount or on the situation we can provide some carry-over funds on the same or by the next day.

Medical/Doctor Referrals

We recommend sleep and healthy eating, but when flu and cold season comes around, we can get you into see a doctor almost always on the same day.

For students without insurance, we usually recommend Primary Care Specialists at 3109 Walnut Grove for most non-emergency needs. Students with insurance can call 901-458-0162 or go to to see if their insurance plan is accepted. First time patients will need to go during walk-in hours (call to confirm times). Appointments can be made after your first visit.

Baptist Minor Medical Center at 3295 Poplar Ave. is another option for students. They accept a wide range of insurance plans and are open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Call 901-327-8188 or go to for more information.

Contact Student Affairs if you have additional questions or need transportation assistance.

MCA One Card

The MCA One Card program provides prepaid spending accounts as a safe and convenient method of payment for food and print service on the MCA campus. Unlike a checking account or credit card, there are no extra service charges and your account cannot be overdrawn. You can receive Low Account Balance Alerts when balances reach a specified level. Your MCA One Card will be issued as part of the MCA Student ID Badging process by the MCA Campus Safety Office located in Rust Hall.

For additional information about the MCA One Card, click here for One Card FAQs or visit the One Card portal at to set up and access your account. Click here for information on how to set up your One Card portal account or if you need to reset your password.


Memphis College of Art offers a number of buildings and houses as student residences. Prices and occupancies vary. (See url for housing building and cost). By April 1 of each year current housing residents must choose rooms, roommate(s) and sign a lease for the next year. Beyond that date housing is opened up for new incoming students and current students that miss the deadline and want housing will be put on a wait-list. See the Director of Student Life for more information.

Safety and Security

Security Officers at Memphis College of Art are employees of the College. They are available 24/7 to assist students in need at 507-3030. They oversee shuttle services to and from the college mornings and evenings. The Safety and Security Office is located on the ground floor of Rust Hall across from Studio 3.

Memphis College of Art’s Campus Safety Report (CSR) 2013-14 (updated February 2014) available at this link (click here to read or download a copy).

Shuttle Runs/Housing Transportation

The Office of Safety and Security and Student Affairs will coordinate transportation for students to and from the dormitories during inclement weather and for school events. Transportation will be provided “on demand” by Campus Safety after normal business hours.

Missing Student Policy

As required by law, Memphis College of Art follows the attached missing student notification policy for students who reside in campus housing–click on the link for policy details.

Memphis College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. Additional Information