Applications can be submitted on a rolling-basis through August 1 for fall admission and December 1 for the spring (January) admission.
Applications can be accepted after these deadlines if space is available.
• Completed MAArtEd/MAT graduate application form. (click here to apply online)
• Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a collegiate advisor or instructor)
• Statement of Purpose (250 word minimum).
• Portfolio (see guidelines below).
• Official copies of all college transcripts.
• Personal Resume or C.V.
• Personal Interview with the Program Director.
• $50 application fee.
MAArtEd Transfer Credit:
Graduate applicants to Memphis College of Art may, subject to review of the graduate admissions committee, transfer up to 3 credits with grades of 3.0 or higher, toward the MAArtEd degree.
Teacher and/or Artist portfolio are acceptable, with clearly labeled work. Portfolio should include 15-20 images. Submission via CD/DVD-ROM is acceptable. Macintosh compatible files required. MS PowerPoint or Adobe PDF format preferred. All material must be accompanied by a description list. Do not send originals.