How to Apply for Work-Study

  1. Review open work-study positions.
  2. Complete the work-study application.
  3. Department supervisors are notified of positions you indicate in the application.
  4. Department supervisors will set up interviews and select student(s) for employment.
  5. Once selected, you will need to complete all payroll forms before working.

Work-Study Programs

Federal Work-Study (FWS)

FWS is a need-based financial aid award program. It is a federally-funded, college administered program designed to help students defray the costs of post-secondary education.


FWS cannot be used to meet tuition and fees. Students are paid for hours worked, based on time sheets submitted by the appropriate department. Students are eligible to work up to the point that a student’s cumulative earnings equal the amount of the FWS award. It is the responsibility of the both the student and their supervisor to monitor earnings to prevent working beyond the awarded amount.


All FWS recipients must be enrolled and remain enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours or more) for the fall and spring term. Students must submit the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Additional documentation may be required by the Financial Aid Office.

Your first step is to complete the FAFSA. The priority deadline is February 15. MCA’s federal school code is 003507.

MCA Student Employment (SE)

The MCA student employment program offers on-campus, part-time jobs to students who do not qualify for Federal Work-Study. The program is monitored by the college. All students must be enrolled and remain enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours or more) for the fall and spring term.

Keep your Work-Study

Find out about the requirements you need to meet to keep receiving your work-study.

How You Aid Paid

You are paid bi-monthly, and the funds are directly deposited into your bank account.

You will need to keep a work-study time sheet report with your supervisor. Your supervisor must approve all hours worked.

Work-Study Forms

Learn more about the work-study forms required to start a work-study position.

Are You a Work-Study Supervisor?

Visit the work-study supervisor page to learn more.

Memphis College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. Additional Information