Excess Financial Aid
MCA offers check payments for your excess financial aid. Checks are made available the second Wednesday after 2 pm of term. Students are notified by their MCA student email when the check is ready to pick up. If the remaining funds are from a Parent PLUS Loan, by default, the funds are released to the parent borrower and mailed to the address kept on file.
Designate Financial Aid to Pay Other Charges
Your financial aid is automatically applied toward your tuition and fees for the year you receive it.
Federal regulations allow you to voluntarily authorize financial aid to be used to pay for non-tuition and fees during the current year. You make this designation when you accept your financial aid.
Financial Aid Refunds
Your financial aid is used to pay your charges and fees at MCA. The leftover amount you receive must be repaid if you withdraw from the college or you are dismissed. The college calculates and distributes refunds to Title IV programs.
Tuition refunds are the amount of tuition and other charges due back if you drop classes or withdraw from MCA.
Based on the date you drop a course, you may owe a percentage charge for the dropped course. You may be eligible for a refund so please review your student account.
Charges for Dropped Classes
If you decrease the number of hours you are taking, it may change the amount you owe and affect your financial aid.
Full-time undergraduate charges are based on 12 semester credit hours.
Full-time graduate charges are based 12 semester credit hours.
If you drop hours and go from full-time to part-time status during a term, a percentage charge may be applied. It is based on the number of days between the first day of classes and the day you drop your hours.
Fall & Spring terms
- 100% refund of tuition for courses dropped on or before the last business day prior to the first day of classes.
- 75% refund of tuition for courses dropped within the first 10 days of the term.
- 50% refund of tuition for courses dropped between the 11th and 15th days of the term.
- 25% refund of tuition for courses dropped between the 15th and 20th days of the term.
- No refund of tuition is made for courses dropped after the 20th day of the term.
- No refund of student activity fees is made for courses dropped after the term has begun.