FOR HIGH SCHOOL ART STUDENTS – Attendance is FREE
When: Saturday November 11, 2017
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Where: Knoxville Museum of Art, 1050 World’s Fair Park Drive, Knoxville, TN
Questions? Call 800.727.1088 or email MCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the date and come prepared to meet reps from Art Colleges and state universities’ Art Departments who are interested in East Tennessee high school art students.
Come and meet representatives from Art Academy of Cincinnati, Drexel University, East Tennessee State University, Carson Newman University, Cumberland University, Memphis College of Art, Tusculum College and others!
What makes a good portfolio for Portfolio Day?
- Bring 12 to 15 pieces of your art for review
- Your work should include direct observational work such as still lifes, landscapes, portraits, etc.
- Have a variety of sizes and media
- Consideration of artistic principles and elements such as composition, line quality, shape, form, value, balance, etc.
- Talk about your work and your interests, why you created the art, what the work means, what are your areas for improvement
- Bring your sketchbook(s) and/or a way to make notes
- Have your questions ready
Download the MCA Portfolio Guide to help you prepare.
FOR PARTICIPATING COLLEGES
For the second consecutive year, Memphis College of Art is partnering with the Knoxville Museum of Art to present East Tennessee Portfolio Day on Saturday, November 11, Noon to 4:00pm. You will be granted prime space within the museum’s beautiful Bailey Hall to view the portfolios of up to 2,000 prospective art students from high schools throughout middle and east Tennessee and four adjoining states. Don’t wait to reserve your space.
Mark your calendars for November 11 and complete the registration form below.
Need hotel accommodations? Click or call 1-865-522-2800 to book your hotel room now!
Registration is free!
Register by August 15 to be included in all printed promotional material such as posters and postcards being mailed to high school students and art teachers in a 200 mile radius.
MCA Director of Enrollment