A City for Creatives
- #4 on Happiest Cities for Job-Seeking College Graduates, Forbes
- #8 on Best Cities for Jobs, Glassdoor
- #1 Most Affordable College Town, Coldwell Banker Real Estate
- #4 on Top Five Cities for Millennials, Apartment Therapy
Memphis is Home to:
- World Headquarters for three Fortune 500 companies — FedEx, International Paper and Autozone
- Two of Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For — Baker Donelson and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- 14 companies ranked on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies in the U.S.
What You’ll Find in Memphis:
- Over 60 miles of on-road and shared bike lanes and bike trails
- 238 days of sunny weather, enabling dozens of annual festivals and events
- World-class zoo in the heart of Overton Park
- Hundreds of galleries, museums and cultural attractions
Choosing the college that’s right for you is about more than where you’ll go. It’s also about where you’ll be. As a student at Memphis College of Art, you’ll be on a campus where every aspect of your experience is designed to create a sense of inclusion and connectivity. You’ll also be in a city where those who dare to think, act and look differently have always been accepted and even celebrated—a city where the visual arts scene is strong, and growing stronger every year.
Not far from campus you’ll find the thriving South Main and Broad Avenue Arts Districts, where galleries and shops featuring works by local artists sit among bustling areas of creativity and commerce.
Seemingly on every corner, in each neighborhood across the city, spaces are being reclaimed and utilized to produce and display art that connects people with culture and with each other.
Feeding it all is Memphis College of Art. For over 80 years, MCA has been at the center of visual art in the region and driven the development of a prospering creative class.
In fact, Richard Florida of the Creative Class Group once said that “Young adults can move to San Francisco, get involved, and with luck, they can move the needle slightly—or they can come to Memphis and stay, where the opportunity is to plug and play and move the needle more at a younger age.*
“Memphis is exciting right now,” says José Velázquez, owner of the bed-and-breakfast James Lee House (also the original home to the Memphis Academy of Arts, now MCA). “Most people now see the potential that we’ve been talking about for a long time. You don’t have to imagine it anymore. It’s happening.”
This is a quote from a Travel + Leisure article naming Memphis as America’s Next Hot Southern City.
Visit Memphis Travel for more cool videos about life in Memphis.
The Talk About Memphis!
Time – Money
- The 25 Cities Where Your Paycheck will Go the Furthest
- The Valley and the Upstarts: The Cities Creating the Most Tech Jobs
- The Top Five Cities Where Millennials are Moving Now – Memphis #4
The Eater Upsell
High Ground News
Memphis Business Journal
Click HERE and learn more about what Memphis has to offer!