Institutional Refund Policy
The following percentages apply to a student who completely withdraws from the college, from a credit/audit course or who drops to a credit load below full time (12 hours).
- 100% refund of tuition will be made for courses cancelled by MCA or which are dropped on or before the first day of class.
- 75% refund of tuition will be made if withdrawal is made within the first 10 class days of the semester.
- 50% refund of tuition will be made if withdrawal is made between the 11th and 15th day of the semester.
- 25% refund of tuition will be made if withdrawal is made between the 16th and the 20thday of the semester.
**NO REFUND WILL BE MADE IF THE WITHDRAWAL IS MADE AFTER THE 20TH DAY OF THE SEMESTER. **
- No refund will be made of Student Activity or Materials fees.
- No refund will be made for Campus Housing.
- Refund calculations for special courses, workshops, seminars, community education, summer courses, and children’s classes are determined and published in the appropriate brochure/flyer. Ask the Business Office for these policies.
Students who receive some type of Title IV Federal Financial Aid Funds (Pell, SEOG, Perkins, TSAC, Stafford Loans, and/or College Work-study) and withdraw before 60% of the semester is complete will have the unearned portion of their funds returned to the Government. This may increase the amount of tuition due MCA in the event of withdrawal or dropping below full time status.
The MCA Institutional Refund Policy is based upon the date of formal withdrawal from the college or of a course(s). FORMAL WITHDRAWL MUST BE MADE TO THE REGISTRAR IN WRITING. Withdrawal may not be retroactive to an earlier date. Failure of a student to officially withdrawal may void any entitlement to a refund. No refund will be made for reasons such as employment conflicts, health or medical problems, moving out of town, or other reasons that are beyond the College’s control or responsibility.